Introduction to Touring Holidays
Getting each holiday right is important to us. We arrange a trip that goes at the right pace, takes into account everyone's needs, provides a variety of accommodation and scenery - and comes in at the right price. That's what we mean by a 'perfectly tailored holiday'. You can see from the feedback that we are accustomed to succeeding.
We will look after you from touchdown to take-off - accommodation reservations, ferries, rental car and perhaps a tour guide or tickets for a specific event.
Most people prefer not to move every night and generally we recommend a two or three night stay in each place. Others ask us if they can tour out from just one location but this doesn't work. It takes about 3.5 hours to drive from Edinburgh to Inverness and about as long to go from Inverness to the north of the Isle of Skye, so a few moves are normally necessary.
As part of your trip you may like to ...
- Experience a night (or more) in a castle
- Savour the company of locals in a traditional Scottish Inn
- Walk in the footsteps of your ancestors
- Discover how whisky is made - and have a dram yourself
- Sail up Loch Ness or Loch Lomond
- Hear the bagpipes and see the cabers being tossed at a Highland Games
Abbotsford, home of Sir Walter Scott neat Melrose - © Angus Bremner
Example Holiday Costs
So that you have an idea of the costs involved and to give you some ideas to work from, we have priced up four sample holidays:
- Exploring the Highlands (but also includes Edinburgh. Ideal for first time visitors)
- The Castle Tour (every night in a castle!)
- The Diana Gabaldon Itinerary (for fans of the Outlander series of novels)
- Scotland for Families (Ghosts, Harry Potter, Loch Ness Monster and more!)
How to start
Our touring holidays are put together for a particular client with particular dates and priorities. Since we largely use small hotels, inns and B&Bs, each with only a limited stock of rooms, we prefer to make provisional room reservations and offer you a priced up holiday proposal (at no cost).